There are four species of skunks, and they are incredibly adaptable and opportunistic. Being natural burrowers, they can damage the foundation of your property by constructing burrows underneath. These holes around your property are a significant sign of their presence. Moreover, their distinctive smell is an excellent indication that they are available around you.
Facts About The Skunk
- Skunks are nocturnal, and this is why they are active at night. However they don’t hibernate, they tend to be inactive in the winter season and like to get together in communal dens for warmth. For the remaining days of the year, they are virtually solitary living and foraging alone.
- Mating season is one of the times when skunks begin to socialize. They can reproduce 1-7 young litters in late April to early June.
- Due to their strong forefeet and long nails, skunks are excellent diggers. They dig holes in your garden, lawn or any ground in search of grubs and earthworms.
- In case you try to remove the skunk, they will use various methods to defend like spit, growl, fluff their fur, and spray is the final method of defense.
- Skunks are primarily known to release an overpowering smell via their anal glands when you try to threaten them.
Diseases Caused By Skunks
Skunks carry contagious diseases, parasites that they can transmit to humans and deliver several health issues like:
- Canine distemper
- Canine hepatitis
- Intestinal roundworm
The facts mentioned above are enough to tell that you should stay away from skunks. If you notice them around you, call us at Hamilton Wildlife for safe removal. Our team of wildlife removal specialists is equipped with necessary tools and technique to provide the right solution.
Rat or mice commonly wander here and there in search of food, which is the main reason they invade your home. Due to their small size or run fast quality, the rats are difficult to catch.
But, it is necessary to identify the rat infestation so that you can implement the right course of action to get a 100% satisfying result. For this, follow the below discussion:
Signs Of Rat Infestation
- Rat Dropping
Rat poops are up to 12mm long and tapered at both ends. The rats can produce approximately 40 to 50 pellets per night. The size of their feces also helps to determine the size of the rat.
- Rub Marks
When the rat travel in or around your home, they leave greasy fur marks behind them. These signs can be easily seen on dirty surfaces.
Most of the time, the rats become active in the night and make a noise like:
- Chattering when the rat grinds their teeth.
- Squeaking and hissing when they feel fear or pain.
Rats are capable of chewing wood and concrete, which enables them to burrow everywhere. With this beautiful digging quality, they create a sophisticated tunnel for their food storage, nesting and shelter.
- Chewed Surfaces
Rats can gnaw through hard surfaces when they search for food sources. Their habit of gnawing keep their teeth sharp and at a manageable length.
Rat nests and their footprints are another reason to confirm that you have a rat infestation. To get rid of the problem, you can visit us at Hamilton Wildlife. We provide a safe and durable solution for rat infestation to our residential and commercial clients.
Chipmunks have chubby cheeks and fuzzy tail which make them adorable although they can deliver significant damages to your home, yard and surrounding areas. They burrow your yard up to 30 feet long. Chipmunk mostly becomes active in the early morning and late afternoon. They give birth from April to May or August to October months.
Signs Of Chipmunk Infestation
Like rodent species, chipmunks can leave marks of chewing and scratching on your material. They also make scurrying noises behind walls, under floors or high ceilings.
Dangers Associated With Chipmunk Infestation
They ruin uproot garden plants, landscaping and make their way through walls, decks and home foundation. Additionally, they can put cracks in the cement and basement floor. All this end up weakening your overall property structure. Moreover, chipmunks cause several parasites and diseases to humans.
- Avoid keeping the things in the yard that attract the chipmunks.
- Caulk gaps outside your home and tight the caps of your chimneys.
- Remove the standing water and secure the bird feeders.
- Discard the trashcans away from your home.
Hire the wildlife removal experts to deal with chipmunk infestation safely.
At Hamilton Wildlife, we have many years of experience in wildlife removal. For the past many years, we have been serving wildlife management services to our residential and commercial clients.
Raccoons might appear cute, but in reality, they can cause a lot of problems for you and your family. They often make their home in attics, crawl spaces, barns etc. They dig holes in the yards and also damage your property. It is essential to hire a professional wildlife animal removal service to prevent them from your property in less time. Here are some tips that can help you keep raccoons at bay.
4 Raccoon Removal Tips
- Identify the Scope of the Problem
If you want to keep raccoons off of your property, you need to determine the size and scope of your raccoon problem. But how can you determine that? It’s easy, all you need to do is pay attention to all the clues that raccoons leave behind for you. If you find droppings along with evidence of their feedings such as trash out of the trash cans or burrows in the yard, then you likely have quite the problem on your hands.
- Remove Food and Water
Once you know that you have a raccoon problem, you should make your property less inviting by removing all the food and water sources. Always keep the trash can lids secure and store the pet food in air-tight containers. Also, make sure that you don’t have any fruits and nuts lying around your yard from trees. Never leave any food outside to invite raccoons.
- Reduce Potential Nesting Sites
If you eliminate all food and water sources and raccoons couldn’t find a place to nest on your property, then they are less likely to return in the future. Raccoons generally get access to your property through the attic. So, make sure you seal off your chimney and any gaps so that raccoons stay out of your house.
- Call for Professional Raccoon Removal
If nothing works, call a professional raccoon removal service immediately. They are experts in removing wildlife animals safely. At Hamilton Wildlife, our professionals have many years of experience in dealing with raccoons. Call us today to know more about our services.
You may surprise to know that birds can spread approx 60 kinds of diseases to humans. This is the main reason why people are advised to make a distance from them. The birds are more than just avian flu. There is a range of factors in birds that contribute to spreading diseases. Below you learn how they can be dangerous to humans, take a look:
- Bird Feces
Birds feces, especially from pigeons, starlings, gulls and house sparrows, are main to spread the diseases. When the bird infestation grows, their wastes result in delivering respiratory diseases.
- Bird Feathers
The bird’s feather, particularly from an urban environment, can host the diseases like bacteria, parasites and viruses. Primarily, it could be the feathers from dead bird cause diseases.
- Birds Nest
Birds nest might be the perfect place for breeding of some species of fungi that can spread via debris. Moreover, the birds’ nest can be a home for insects that are also harmful to human.
How Bird Deliver Diseases
- Food: Consuming food products contaminated with fungi, viruses, and bacteria by birds.
- Drinking: Similar to eating, you may also drink contaminated water that leads to infection.
- Inhaling: The heap of birds dry dropping when disturbed, it can spread in the air and effect when you breathe.
- Touching: Dead birds cause harmful bacteria.
Tips To Prevent Bird Diseases
- Remove Access To Nesting Sites: Window sills eaves, ledges and holes on a roof are the locations, where birds often make their nests. So, you should find these areas and remove nests.
- Hide The Food Sources: Keep the food sources hidden and make sure the container should be tight.
- Clean Up Debris: The areas littered with twigs paper, grass and plant debris provide birds with a supply of material to build their nests. Keep the outside of your property clean to keep the birds away.
In a nutshell, it is necessary to keep the birds away, so follow the required measures to remove them or contact professional birds controller at Hamilton Wildlife. We provide effective and safe birds removal services to our residential and commercial clients.
Squirrel often chew the hard objects like wood or stick in the park which maintains their teeth sharpness. Unfortunately, the squirrel infestation in your attic is common where they chew anything that they hold. From electrical wires to wooden beams, they damage everything in their vicinity. Such damages are not good for a building as it could result in the collapse of roofs and walls. You may even run a fire hazard getting chewed electrical wires. This is why the removal of squirrels is necessary for every homeowner.
Signs Of Squirrels In Attic
- Chewing, rustling and scratching sound coming from attic or walls.
- Foul odor or dropping of squirrels, but it will be difficult for an individual to determine the droppings are of squirrels or other pests.
- Squirrels dig up holes in the home, eat your plants and bark. Overall they deliver destruction in your yard.
What Brings Squirrels In Your Home
Squirrels give birth to their babies twice in a year during spring and fall. At this time, they find the shelter to develop their nests. Thus, your attic becomes the best place for them to stay.
Tips To Getting Rid Of Squirrels In Attic
- The first step of action is to determine the access point of squirrels. At the entry point, you can install the one-way exclusion door so that the squirrels can’t get back once they have exited.
- Install the traps or cages in your roof, under the eaves or where you notice the squirrel. However, this method could be less effective as the squirrels can run fast.
- You can use the DIY chemicals, but be careful. These chemicals could be harmful to you or your family. Thus, this method is less desirable.
- The final option is to contact your local pest control services provider. It could be the safest method as the professionals are trained to handle the squirrels. They can ensure you get rid of squirrels without causing harm to you or your property.
So, feel free to contact Hamilton Wildlife to control and remove the squirrels in the attic. We provide the most effective solution for animal or pest infestation.