Top 5 Reasons To Hire Professional Animal Control Services in Hamilton
is there a raccoon in your attic? Squirrels bothering you? Or any other wild animal troubling you. For all your wildlife related issues, professional wildlife animal control service in Hamilton is an effective and lasting solution. It is essential to prevent the wildlife from your property as soon as possible, before they cause any damage to your property or pose any serious health hazard. Animal control Hamilton services are committed to providing you a comfortable environment for your family to live in.
Why Hire Professionals
- Health Risks: Some of the wildlife animals carry harmful diseases and bacteria that can lead to some serious illnesses. Raccoons are known to carry a wide range of disease and infections. Skunks are the carrier of rabies. Many other pests such as rats and mice can contaminate food and cause allergic reactions and other injuries.
- Professional Training: The best part of hiring a professional animal removal service is that they have the ability to eliminate various types of infestations. They are qualified and trained to identify the type of pest infestations and implement the right course of action to prevent the wildlife in a timely and safely manner.
- Identifying the source: Professionals not just focus on the prevention of the wildlife, rather they target the source of the problem. Remember, only removal of the animal is not important, you need to prevent the source in order to prevent all the potential chances of future infestation. Professional animal removal services will be able to find the source behind the infestations and act accordingly to avoid future infestations.
- Time: If you want to reduce the risk of more infestation and minimize the property damage, then make sure you deal with your pest infestation problem as soon as it arises. It is advised to call in professional animal removal services, instead of dealing with them on your own. Professionals have the special tools and resources required to meet your needs. They can perform the task timely and safely without harming your property and the animal.
- Avoiding damage: When it comes to animal prevention, only a professional can perform the task adroitly. Animals can cause immense damage to your property and belongings such as carpets, foundations, floors, furniture, walls and other property. Professionals will not only eliminate the animal from your premises, but will also save you the property repair cost.
All in all, in order to get the most effective and efficient solution, prevent property damage and avoid health risks it is ideal to contact professional services for animal removal job in Hamilton. If you are looking for professional and reliable animal removal company in Hamilton, contact Hamilton Wildlife. We have the tools and resources to eliminate any kind of animal from your property efficiently.
How To Protect Your Home From Wildlife
Animals are always in search of food and shelter. And, residential areas are the best source of both of these things. Wildlife animals cause a nuisance and can also wreak havoc on your property. According to animal control Hamilton experts, there are different types of wildlife animals, each with different behavior and habits. Thus, it is important to have some knowledge about them so the right plan of action can be executed.
Know Your Pest
- Birds – Birds prefer to live in the attic and can cause damage to your property. Their droppings carry various bacteria, virus and parasites that are harmful to humans.
- Raccoon – Raccoons always look for empty space and food. Raccoons carry diseases that can be spread to people and pets. They can also bite or scratch.
- Mice/Rats – Mice and rats prefer warm and dark places to hide. They get attracted by the smell of the food. They can gain access to your home even through a tiny hole.
- Skunk – Skunks become a great nuisance when they enter the residential areas. They burrow under the porches or buildings and gain entry from foundation openings.
- Squirrels – Squirrels may appear cute and adorable, but in reality they can damage your property badly. They can gnaw on electrical wires, insulation and other items to gain entry or for nest building.
- Opossums – Though opossums prefer to live near streams or swamps, they are also found in attics and garages. They can damage your property with their messy nests.
- Chipmunks – Chipmunk infestation can be difficult to remove. They can burrow holes, dig flowers and create havoc in the landscape.
Helpful Tips To Protect Your Home From Wildlife
It is not so difficult to keep animals out of your home, if you follow a few simple, but effective tips:
- Stash Your Trash – Animals are always attracted towards food. So, make sure you store garbage in tight containers so that animals cannot reach them.
- Don’t Keep Pets Food Outside – Keep pet food inside your home and always keep the bowl clean.
- Keep Attic Space Dry – Some animals look for areas of moisture and your attic is an ideal place where they can thrive. So, it is advised to keep the attic space clean and dry.
- Seal Entrance Ways – Properly seal all the cracks as small pests can easily gain entry to your home through these holes.
Keep a few points to protect your home and family from wildlife animals. In case, you find any animal around your home, you can contact Hamilton Wildlife for professional assistance. We have all the latest techniques and tools required to eliminate these unwanted guests in a timely and safe manner.
Spring Arrives and So Does the Pests – Know How Pests Attack with Seasonal Change
Hamilton Wildlife Removal Services
Spring is here and so are the wild animals around under or in your home! Raccoons can be the most destructive as they have the size and strength to do more damage to gain entry into your attic. Its best to get them out asap or your costs will go up as they will sooner than later have their babies in your attic and that’s a whole other matter. You should always ask your wildlife technician to inspect both your roof and the attic as you really should know the situation your in. Raccoons will often just break into similar entry points once you’ve excluded them from the home that’s why preventative work should always be considered when wildlife work is being done. Its better to do it all at once and hopefully never again. Squirrels can gain access through smaller entry points usually causing less damage than raccoons but still not a good thing having a family of squirrels owning your house as we say in the industry. Repairs and exclusion work will always save you more money over the long run. Often times these animals will try or will gain access to other areas of the house in search of food. We hear all the time of raccoons lifting prying at attic doors and getting into closets and bedrooms. Skunk will usually dig themselves under porches or houses with crawl spaces they will need to be trapped and excluded from the home with mesh trenched in. Wildlife problems in the home are best dealt with sooner than later as these wild animals will begin to grow in numbers if settled. Call a professional for prompt humane animal friendly wildlife removal and exclusion work. Attempting to remove wildlife can be dangerous for the animal and also the homeowner.
5 Unknown Tips to Help You Deter Squirrels from Your Bird Feeder
Although cute, squirrels can be really irritating sometime, especially if they have found a way to get to your bird habitat. Squirrels generally like to feed on seeds and fruits and everyone knows how tough it can be to deter squirrels from gorging up a tasty stock of seeds from your bird feeder.
While calling animal control services is a great way to get ride from them permanently, however, you can adopt various non-lethal ways to avoid them at the first place. Some of these measures are:
- Choose The Right Bird Feeder – When it comes to bird feeders, the market is stuffed with various products that are designed for thwarting-off these furry bandits. Squirrel proof bird feeders can be weight-activated, can have spin or flip features while some might have a metal grid around the seed source to make squirrels run away in frustration.
- Pick a Good Location – Squirrels have always been quite acrobatic. Their jumping skills allow them to jump at distances which could be up to 10-feet or more. Hence, try to place your bird feeder away from trees, porches, low branches and fences. The best solution to this problem is to mount your bird feeder on top of a birdhouse or six feet off from the ground.
- Place a Squirrel Baffle – By adding a piece of plastic or metal of a smooth surface, a squirrel baffle can be created either above or below the bird feeder. This will prevent squirrels or large birds from getting access to the seeds you have stored for your birds. Squirrel baffles must always be around 15-inches in width so that squirrels can’t feed on those seeds.
- Add a Wire Cage – While some bird feeders already come with a metal cage, some don’t. So in order to protect the seed source that you have stacked for your dear birds, you might have to add a wire cage to your bird feeder. Wire cage or a mesh can be easily placed on the entry point of the bird feeder. The opening in this cage should be small enough for squirrels.
- Try Different Seeds – Choice of seeds also play a big role. Squirrels can generally feed on any type of seed; however, they rarely snack on Nyjer or safflower seeds. Also, like us humans, squirrels too, are sensitive to spice. So, to discourage them from your stock of bird seeds, sprinkle cayenne pepper or red pepper to your birdseed mixture to make them run away.
By following these useful tips you can definitely succeed to shoo away squirrels that always keep lurking around your bird feeder. However, if you still spot one or two in your lawn that are eying your stock of birdseeds, don’t get frustrated. Try giving them their own food supply like fruits, nuts or even corn away from your bird feeders. This way both species can co-exist without competing for a stock of seeds.
In case you are suffering from a humongous problem of squirrel infestation, it’s better to call for animal control services. We, at Hamilton Wildlife, have been ranked amongst the leading animal and pest control service provider. Call us today to get humane solutions to your problem.
All You Need to Know About Skunk Removal
Where Are Skunks Found
Safe skunk removal is essential to prevent them from invading your home as it involves the risk of getting ‘sprayed’ by a skunk. Skunks are mostly found under the houses, sheds, cabins and storage areas. They are more active during the spring when they breed and the summer when they are in search of food. If you encounter a skunk in your premises, contact reliable wild animal removal service provider to know your potential skunk removal options.
How to Analyze a Skunk Problem
Skunks are the small creatures having black and white strips over the body and a bushy tail. They are quite easy to identify. They can be seen at night during the spring at that time they look for food and mates. In case you happen to see a skunk, make sure you move as far away as possible, as it can excrete a foul-smelling fluid as a defense against predators or humans.
Damage Caused from Skunks
People think that skunks only spray a foul-smelling fluid. But they are unaware of the fact that they also carry rabies. Apart from carrying this virus, they also cause damage to the house and property. They try to gain entry to the crawl space, basement and other areas of the house. For this, they dig holes in the laws causing severe damages to the property and even the plumbing or electrical system sometimes. They also raid the garbage cans in search of food creating a lot of nuisance.
Many homeowners try to remove skunks from their premises on their own. But, they often fail to do this as skunks spray the pets and family members and rush to find shelter in another place around the house. The smell of skunk fluid cannot be prevented easily as it still persists even after cleaning the clothes or area. So, it is advised to wait for skunk removal experts to safely remove the skunk from your premises.
Preventing a Skunk
After you experience a skunk problem once, you will quickly search for how to prevent another skunk
Once you experience a skunk in your dwelling, you need to look for skunk removal ways. You can call up a skunk removal expert. They implement the right strategy with the right tools to prevent skunk safely. They can set up a fencing system around the house and seal all the entry areas. Make sure to remove all food sources that may attract skunks. Contact Hamilton Wildlife animal removal services to prevent skunks from your home.
We, at Hamilton Wildlife, provide professional wildlife removal services for both residential and commercial establishments across Ontario. We offer the right kind of solutions to deal with wild animals including raccoons, skunks, opossums and more.
How to Prevent Raccoons From Damaging Your Residence
Raccoons prefer urban and suburban situations as they are highly adaptable to them. Your dwelling can quickly become the place where they would love to live. Particularly, during spring the adult female head towards residential areas to give birth to and grow her young ones. Your attic and wall spaces can be the targeted area of a mother raccoon offering ample out-of-the-way nooks to hide her young.
How to Control Raccoons
Raccoons just need a safe place to stay, they don’t aim to ruin your home. You need to seek the services of pest control Hamilton if they have invaded your place. Our wildlife control Hamilton professionalsimplement effective raccoon removal techniques. Our professionals have summed up a few tips making you aware of raccoon attack in your home.
Signs of Raccoon Damage
There are some clues that can make you aware that you are about to deal with a raccoon. Some of the potential signs of raccoon damage to your home include:
- Raccoons taking up the dwelling.
- The attic of your home is more likely to get damaged.
- Check for broken or chewed fascia boards, torn soffits and roof shingles or broken attic vents.
- Raccoon latrine or droppings may be found on the roof or inside the attic.
- Inside the attic the insulation may be flattened, the ducts have been torn apart or the wires are chewed. This means the insulation will no longer serve its purpose and the chewed or damaged wires can lead a fire.
Preventing Raccoon Damage
There are various effective preventative measures that you can discourage raccoons from selecting your residence as a den site. Food and shelter are the two big reasons why raccoon head towards your house. If they are finding consistent food resources nearby, they would never want to travel away from that place. For them the reliable food resources come in the form pet food, bird feed and garbage. All these food sources can capture the attention of these wild animals.
Eliminating Food Sources
- Make sure the trash is kept in secured garbage bins with a thick lid that raccoons can not remove. Thin plastic lids are easy to chew or break.
- It is advised to install baffles on bird feeder poles so that raccoons could not climb up.
- Remove raccoon kit from home.
- Install a tray below the bird feeder that can catch the food particles or seed given to the birds. Since, the seeds or food particles can attract raccoons.
- Make sure there aren’t any tree or any kind of structure that can make the raccoon to jump to the feeder. If it is so, relocate the bird feeder.
- Keep the trees around the home about 6′ to 8′ so that raccoons could not get easy access to your roof.
- Install metal flashing around the house corners to prevent climbing.
Above are some of the tips that might help homeowners in preventing raccoons from their premises. Make sure to check the unsecured openings since they can offer reliable entrance to the raccoons into your home.
We, at Hamilton Wildlife, offer raccoon removal Hamilton services to the homeowners struggling with raccoons. Our professionals use the latest techniques and tools for wildlife removal and prevention.
Hamilton Animal Control’s Insider Tips on Removing Wildlife Nuisance Safely
Removing wildlife from your home should be on the top of your priority list, suggests Hamilton Animal Control. The local pest control companies in Hamilton area have come a long way in solving the problem of wildlife intrusions. So, they have a wealth of knowledge to help home owners in solving their animal control and management issues.
Having a cute and cuddly Canadian wild animal roaming around your home can be quite a sight, but if that cute little one makes a home in your attic, you are in a big problem – most likely, a financial one.
So, what should you do?
Do Not Risk Your Home’s Value
When it comes to giving expecting babies or finding a warm place in the cold, wildlife animals can sneak into your home, and they will. If go unnoticed, wildlife animals can substantially decrease your home’s value and here’s how:
1. They can damage your home’s electrical wires and cause leakages
2. They can damage your home’s ceiling with feces and urine.
These damages tend to get worse with time, and their repairs may even cost you a fortune. Additionally, these damages will not enhance your home’s value – especially, if your planning to sell it in the near future.
Do Not Risk Your Health
If there is a leakage coming down through the walls in your kitchen, it is probably the animal’s urine and feces. Animals, unfortunately, do not mind urinating all over your attic. Even if you suspect a wildlife species to have made a home in your attic, going up there could be very dangerous. One should immediately call professionals at wildlife control Hamilton to deal with a situation like this.
The aftermaths of an animal bite need no explanation. As mentioned in the beginning of this article, a wild animal certainly looks cute and cuddly but once it bites, you are likely to suffer nausea, pain and many other severe symptoms.
Call Wildlife Removal Experts
When you have a wildlife nuisance in your home, safely removing it and releasing it to the wild (where it actually belongs), and securing your home from future intrusions – is something a reputable wildlife company will do best. Once you sense a wildlife in your attic or home, stay far away from them and call the professionals to remove these little monsters safely and securely.
We’ve posted this article because we at Hamilton Animal Control care for your health and safety. So if you sense a wildlife in your home, hear noises in the walls or have something living under your shed, do not wait for the problem to get worse, and ensure to call the experts at 289-799-3655. To know more about our wildlife removal services, feel free to contact us with your questions or concerns